We’ve always been big advocates for asking for help when you need it. And right now we do. Like for many retailers and small businesses, this has been a difficult year for us financially. We have poured our hearts and souls into Crying Out Loud, but lately it just hasn’t been enough.
Last week we announced that we are closing our bricks and mortar store on the Danforth. October 1st will be our last day open for business, and after that we will be moving to online only for the coming months as we figure out what the future will look like for our business. We will miss connecting with you IRL immensely, and we want to thank each and every one of you who has graced our presence with your smiles, your tears, your stories, and your incredible generosity in supporting your own well-being as well as that of those you love.
We ask that you keep us in mind as you decide where to spend your hard earned dollars in the coming months. This is and has been hard, and while we know from experience that we can do hard things, we sure could use your support.
Here are some ways to support us through this tough time:
- Shop (if you can)! This one may seem obvious, but every sale in the coming days and weeks matters greatly and will impact our ability to keep operating.
- Share! Know someone who might like Crying Out Loud? Let them know about us, our brand and our mission.
- Help us grow our corporate gifting business! We want to connect with anyone in charge of employee or client gifting. This includes holiday gifts, as well as occasion gifting (e.g., celebratory, illness, grief). If you know someone, let us know.
- Engage! Believe it or not, we lost followers after our announcement last week. Every time you like, share, or comment on a post or story it helps. Know someone who might like following us? Let them know.
- Keep being your kind, wonderful, caring, and supportive selves. We love this community and we want you to keep taking good care of yourselves and others.
Being a part of this community and helping you take care of yourself and each other has been an honour and a pleasure. Thank you for allowing us this opportunity.