Talking about death and grief isn't something that comes easily for most people. And we know (trust us, we know!) that it can feel like an even greater challenge when it comes to supporting a grieving child. This is why we’ve created the Kids’ Grief Care Package – to help with supporting the wellbeing of a grieving kid, to help them cope and honour the death of their loved one, and to begin to integrate the death into their lives in a healthy way.
The Kids' Grief Care Package Includes:
- A copy of The Memory Tree by Britta Teckentrup: Storytelling is a wonderful way to keep someone’s memory alive. This is a beautiful and heartfelt picture book to help kids celebrate the memories left behind when a loved one dies.
- A Bear Worry Pet from Only One: A knitted pet to share worries and troubles with, so the hard things can feel just a little lighter to carry. Just the perfect size for kids to keep in their pocket, backpack or by the bedside.
- Wildflower Seed Confetti from Studio 82º: Planting seeds is a beautiful way to honour the memory of a loved one while nurturing new life and growth. Just sprinkle on any green area or plant in a pot.
- Dream Catcher Essential Oil Spray by K'Pure (30ml): Grief can make sleeping very difficult, especially in the early days. A few spritzes on the pillow as part of a child’s bedtime routine can help bring some nighttime relaxation and calm.
Options for packaging:
- Care Package Box: items packed in a white reusable/recyclable mailer box (+$5.00)
- Naked: items will be wrapped in tissue paper for protection and packed in a shipping box or kraft paper bag, depending on delivery or pick up
Make it personal by adding a greeting card to your order, or send a complimentary Crying Out Loud notecard. Just add your gift message on your Cart page, and we will happily hand write it for you!